Alright, an order has been placed again. This time I wasn’t so nervous up until pushing “confirm order,” but the second I went to click on it I started sweating again. Oh well, I’m in way too deep now, just gotta hang on and go with it.

Anyhow, here’s the final layout I sent in (sort of):

Looks a little more chaotic this time around, doesn’t it? That’s because the center hole size has been increased, and also the end header has been moved upward a little bit. I had an easier time this round though, since the more I work with the board layout software the more comfortable I get.

After I took a screen shot, I actually adjusted the end header up another 1mm after remembering something. It’s off-set now completely, but it’ll be easier to manage for the end user, since the shrouding of the header won’t be in the way of the clip.

I know now that the receptacle hole size will come out fine, and that the corner stand off holes will be fine as well. What makes me nervous is that, in the end, I had to eyeball the adjustments to the pin placements, even after trying to make another mockup.

In the first round, I was only off by .5mm here and there, and trying to measure that, even with calipers…can be rough. Especially when the only thing I’m taking as “perfect placement” is the corner stand offs. So I pretty much had to clip the PCB in, slide the pins through, and see where they were and then adjust to where they needed to be. It’s not the best way to do it, but unfortunately with what I have on hand that’s all I’ve got.

I have a MUCH better feeling this time around though, but still…. if this doesn’t work, I may have to start taking donations, lol.